Zebra cupcakes from scratch (homemade).
Makes up to 24 cupcakes.
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup club soda
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 Tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 325 ℉. Aline baking cups on muffin pan.
- Take three large eggs and beat them in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer or with the help of a whisk.
- Add sugar and whisk for a few minutes.
- Add Canola oil or any flavorless oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt). Strain and add the half of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Now add milk and mix well then add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour club soda and give a final whisk.
- Separate the batter into equal halves in different bowls.
- Take instant coffee and mix it with cocoa powder.
- Add the cocoa mixture into one bowl and mix well.
- Pour both batters alternatively into the muffin tins as shown in video
- Make swirls with the help of a tooth pick
- Place the muffin pan in the central rack and Bake for 30minutes.
- Take cupcakes out of the oven and let them cool for 15minutes
- Then start frosting with buttercream.
Youtube : The Icing world