Craving for fudgy chocolate, then try this super moist and easy to make chocolate loaf cake - an eggless recipe.
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder(optional)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp milk of your choice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift and mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients well, using a whisk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then gently pour the wet ingredients mixture into the center. Mix them until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the parchment lined or floured and greased loaf pan. Lightly tap the pan on kitchen counter a few times before keeping it in oven, to avoid big holes in the cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 47 to 50 minutes. Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a tooth pick or skewer. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool on a surface at least for an hour, before slicing it.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, make the glaze by mixing powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla in a bowl/jar. Pour the prepared glaze over the cake immediately. Add some colorful sprinkles or chocolate chips on top.
- Slice it and serve!
Note : To make this recipe in a round cake pan change the time, 35 to 40 minutes and check by toothpick test for doneness.
This Chocolate cake recipe doesn’t require an electric mixer, just use a hand whisk or spatula.
Follow me on instagram @theicingworld