Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies with Strawberry Jam
Pistachio lovers should definitely try this recipe. I totally loved these cookies. They give out nutty and buttery flavor in your mouth. This recipe requires unsalted roasted pistachio nuts which are easily available in market and any brand of strawberry jam or any flavor jam.
Author : Himabindu
Servings : 12
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped unsalted pistachio nuts
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting.
- Cookie sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 325℉ (170℃).
- In a large bowl, beat softened room temperature butter and sugar with whisk.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla and pistachio nuts and mix well with spatula.
- Shape dough in same size balls
- On ungreased cookie sheet, Place dough about 1 inch apart.
- Press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Quickly remake indentations with back of a wooden spoon handle if necessary.
- keep cookies on cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Fill each thumbprint with 1 tsp of jam
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over jam filled cookies.