Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Prep time : 1hr 15mins
Bake time : 7-8 minutes
Yield : 30 Cookies
Oven temperature : 350F/180C
- 1/4 cup Softened butter or Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn starch
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- In a bowl, Add all the cookie dough ingredients. Using a spoon or spatula, mix well to form a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30minutes
- On a floured surface, cut half of the dough and roll it 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix cinnamon powder and powdered sugar in a cup. Dust the cinnamon powder mixture on top of the rolled dough using a small mesh strainer.
- Starting with the longer edge, carefully and tightly roll dough into a log. Wrap the dough log in a plastic wrap and chill it for 30mins.
- Repeat the process with the remaining half dough.
- While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350f or 180c and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into slices that are 1/4 inch thick. Place the cookies on prepared baking trays, spacing 2 inch apart.
- Bake about 7-8 minutes or until the edges of cookies start to turn light golden brown. Let them cool completely and serve!