Simple and easy vanilla cake recipe. This recipe doesn't require an electric mixer. You can serve this cake with any berry sauce/jam or whipped cream. It also tastes delicious without any cream or sauce. I love to dust it with powdered sugar and have it with a simple berry sauce.
Servings : 6 slices
Cook time : 28 - 30 minutes
Temperature : 350℉/180℃
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup yogurt or sourcream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil(canola or sunflower oil)
- 1tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃ for 15 minutes. Coat 8 inch round cake pan with oil and line it with parchment paper or dust it with flour and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add yogurt, water and vanilla extract, mix for 1 minute using a hand whisk. Add oil and sugar, mix until everything is combined well.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix just until everything is well combined. Do not Over mix.
- Add vinegar and give it a gentle mix.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake it for 28 to 30 minutes.
- Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick or skewer in the center, if the toothpick comes out clean then take out the cake from oven and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the cake and let it rest for another 30 minutes before slicing it. Enjoy!
For vegan version :
Substitute yogurt with vegan yogurt like cashew yogurt or coconut yogurt.
Always use leveled measurements and follow the exact steps as mentioned in the recipe for better outcome.
Did you try this recipe?Click a picture and mention @theicingworld or tag #theicingworld in Instagram or Twitter