Buttercream frosting for cupcakes
Vanilla buttercream icing for cupcakes. You can use this recipe to frost 12 cupcakes. Double the ingredients quantity for 24 cupcakes.
- 1 cup butter, kept at room temperature
- 3½ cups powdered sugar/icing sugar/confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Gel food coloring(optional)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed for 3 minutes with an electric mixer until the butter turns pale and creamy.
- Sift in 1 cup of powdered sugar, beat for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides using a spatula. Beat for 30 seconds more with mixer. Now continue the process with remaining powdered sugar adding in parts.
- Add milk, vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix for 1 minute, scraping down the sides.
- Add a few drops of gel food coloring. Mix it well with a spatula.
- Use the buttercream for piping cupcakes.
- To make powdered sugar at home - grind/blend 3 ¼ cup white sugar and ¼ cup cornstarch together.
- To soften cold butter - Cut it in cubes before beating( that helps in butter to soften quickly)
- If your butter is frozen - Remove it from freezer, refrigerate it overnight and keep it at room temperature for 15 minutes before use.
- If using liquid food coloring - Decrease the quantity of milk or increase the quantity of powdered sugar to get the perfect consistency.
Follow me on instagram: @theicingworld