Homemade granola | Peanut butter granola
Easy, nutritious and delicious peanut butter granola is great for snacking and as well as for breakfast(with milk). I usually have it with almond milk and freshly sliced banana.
Always use natural peanut butter(check label and avoid peanut butter with ingredients - hydrogenated oils, palm oil and sweeteners).
Yield : 3 cups
Oven Temperature : 325℉/160℃
Bake Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt(optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes/shredded coconut
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract(optional)
- Preheat oven to 325℉/160℃. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- In a jar/bowl, add the wet ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Warm it up a bit for flowing consistency.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together well with a spatula.
- Spread the mixture on prepared baking sheet/tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Add roasted peanuts or any nuts(almonds, cashews, pecans) on top. Break apart and serve as snack or as breakfast(with milk and fresh fruits)
Store it in a airtight container/box up to 2 weeks at room temperature.