Yield: 1, 9 inch round cake
Oven temperature: 350℉/180℃
Bake time: 30-35 minutes
- 1⅔ cups (213g) all purpose flour/maida
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup oil/melted butter
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350℉/180℃. Lightly grease a 9 inch cake pan with oil/butter and line it with a parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, add the dry ingredients, give it a mix with a whisk and keep it aside.
- In a blender, add all the wet ingredients and blend them for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients, mix gently with a whisk, just until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden brown.
- Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick or a skewer in the center, if the toothpick comes out clean then take out the cake from oven and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from pan and let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing it.
Follow me on instagram: @theicingworld