Soft eggless sponge cake, made with fresh strawberries.
Oven temperature : 350℉(180℃)
Bake time : 30 to 35 minutes
Yield : 1 (8 inch round cake)
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour(maida)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup yogurt(curd)
- ½ cup neutral oil
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup strawberry puree(blended fresh strawberries)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Pink gel color(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉(180℃).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Give it a mix.
- In another bowl, add yogurt and powdered sugar, mix it well using a wire whisk, until smooth consistency is attained. Add strawberry puree, vanilla extract and vinegar. Combine everything well.
- To the sifted flour, add liquid mixture and the oil. Optional: Add 1 drop of pink gel color.
- Mix gently just until everything is combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the lined baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once baked, take out the pan from oven. Let the cake cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes and remove the cake from pan, let it cool completely, at least 1 hour. Serve it as it is or decorate the cake with whipped cream frosting.