Finger Millet Flour (Ragi) Cookies - Vegan
This is a easy cookie recipe made using finger millet flour(ragi flour). I have also used all purpose flour(maida) in this recipe to obtain sugar cookie like texture. Kids will love these cookies.
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or softened butter
- 4 tablespoons Cane sugar + 2 tsp more for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup Finger millet flour (ragi)
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk or regular milk
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat coconut oil and sugar for 2 minutes, using a hand whisk. If using an electric stand mixer, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed using a paddle attachment.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently, until a dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough into half inch thick between two pieces of lightly floured parchment paper.
- Cut out the dough into shapes using cookie cutters and transfer them on prepared baking sheets. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Optional : Sprinkle sugar on top of the cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Let them cool completely and serve.