These extremely nutritious energy bites are great for snacking! Kids will definitely love these bites. Finger millet flour also known as ragi is widely popular in India and is easily available in any Indian grocery store. Finger millets are packed with essential amino acids and are safe for people suffering with gluten allergy. In this recipe, i have used dates, almonds, cashew nuts, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, coconut oil along with finger millet flour. To make it flavorful like Indian traditional sweets, i have added a teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- 1 cup Finger millet flour/Ragi flour
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 cup Chopped mejdool dates (10dates approx.)
- 1/4 cup Nuts (Almonds and Cashew nuts)
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp Shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- Soak chopped dates in warm water for 15mins.
- Dry roast finger millet flour on a pan on medium heat for 5minutes. Keep it aside in a bowl.
- Dry roast almonds, cashew nuts and sunflower seeds for 30 seconds. Blend nuts and seeds using a blender or food processor into a course powder.
- Drain the water from soaked dates. Blend the dates with coconut oil and cardamom powder, until smooth paste like consistency is attained.
- Mix everything together to form a dough. Make lime size balls out of the dough mixture. Serve and enjoy!
Chop the dates with a knife, before adding them to a blender for easy blending.