Amazing banana bread with chocolate swirls.
Yield : 1 Loaf
Bake time : 55 minutes
Oven Temperature : 350℉/180℃
- ½ cup(120g) oil
- 1 cup(200g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1½ cup(198g) all purpose flour/maida
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ salt
- ¼ cup(25g) walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup(80g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃. Grease and dust a loaf pan (9x5 inch) with flour or line it with parchment paper overhanging on sides.
- In a bowl, beat oil and sugar for 2 minutes using a hand whisk or electric mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix until well combined.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder. Add chopped walnuts. Gently mix everything together using a spatula or whisk. Do not over mix the batter.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted.(Total time : 60 seconds).
- Pour 1 cup of banana bread batter into the melted chocolate chips, stir it well.
- Using spoon, add banana bread batter and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl the batters together with a knife.
- Bake for 55 minutes in a preheated oven or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Crack on top of banana bread is pretty common, so do not worry. Do not open the oven door before 50 minutes to avoid big crack on top. After taking out from oven, the bread beneath the crack might look a little wet, that's usual.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove it from pan and cool it over wire rack or surface for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Optional : Decorate with melted chocolate, chopped walnuts and freshly sliced bananas.
- Slice it and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @theicingworld or tag #theicingworld in Instagram or Twitter