Yield : 1 loaf (9x5)
Oven temperature : 325℉/160℃
Bake time : 60 minutes
- 1½ cup all purpose flour, or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds + ¼ cup water, or 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp chopped candied ginger, or fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 325℉/160℃ for 15 minutes. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- To make flax mixture : In a cup, mix ground flax seeds and water. Set this aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix them with a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix dark brown sugar, pumpkin purée, oil, flax mixture or eggs and milk of choice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix everything together until well combined.
- Stir in chopped candied ginger or fresh ginger.
- Do not over mix.
- Add the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool it for 30 minutes, before slicing it.