These soft baked cookies with oats flour, millet flour and applesauce/mashed bananas are so delicious and healthy. Kids will definitely love these cookies.
Author : Himabindu
Servings : 24 cookies
Bake time : 15 minutes
Oven Temperature : 350℉/180℃
- 1 cup oats flour(gluten free)
- ½ cup finger millet flour/Ragi flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce/ ¾ cup mashed bananas
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or honey(non vegan)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar(optional : for more sweetness)
- ¼ cup coconut oil/softened butter
- 1 apple, chopped - topping
- Preheat oven to 350℉/180℃ at least 15 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients - oats flour, finger millet flour(ragi), cinnamon powder, ground flax seeds, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a heat safe bowl/jar, add the wet ingredients - unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup or honey, brown sugar and coconut oil. Stir it and microwave 10 seconds.
- Pour the wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix it with whisk until well combined. Cover and chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Take 1 tbsp of the chilled mixture, shape them into balls and flatten them as shown in above video tutorial. Place them on to parchment lined baking sheet/tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let them cool completely and serve!
- Store them in an air tight container up to 3 days at room temperature or 1 week in refrigerator.
- You can make oats flour at home by grinding rolled oats in a blender and make sure to sift the flour before use.
- You can use store-bought unsweetened applesauce or homemade applesauce(here's my applesauce recipe: https://www.theicingworld.com/2020/06/homemade-applesauce.html )